Find out what you need to start using IP telephony and/or if you already have some of the necessary items:
1. IP telephony operator: Neotel
You need an ip telephony operator who will give you the line and the telephone number.
2. Software softphone, ip adapter or ip phone
- There are some applications, known as “softphones” that provide a dialer with which to make ip calls as if it were a normal ip phone. These applications are not bad at all but have a serious flaw: they are not free. In addition, to use the same this implies us to have to install an extra app for our routine work. From Neotel we want that you, our customers, do not have to install any additional application, and, that you do not pay absolutely anything for this application. For this Neotel offers to all its users the webrtc lines. At first sight they work just like a commercial softphone, only that Neotel’s webrtc line is 100% free and our softphone (webrtc dialer) is integrated into the same application (Neotel’s web application).
- Home landline + ip adapter. You can use the conventional landline phone to talk with ip telephony, connecting it with an ip adapter.
- A voip phone. It is a phone specially designed to work with ip telephony. Take full advantage of all the features of ip telephony.
3. Internet connection
If you are already willing to start saving on telephony and you have discovered voip telephony, with this article we hope you will have a clearer idea of the options available to you.
IP telephony is a change in telephony as you knew it.